Thursday, November 18, 2010

Change?

There are some things in my life that may possibly be changing. One is my roommate. If you didn't know I live with and care for a  92 year old lady. We have lived together for about 7 months. We've definitely had our ups and DOWNS! We haven't always gotten along. She loves me and I love her but it is difficult to prove to someone who has never been married or had kids that you love them. They just don't get that someone who is not family can love them enough to care for them. I have learned a lot from this lady. How to be patient. How to worry for someone other than myself. How to put others needs before my own. I have a feeling when I have children I will think of how it felt to have Ann here with me. It's like you miss you independence but you can't fathom not having them. When I'm not home I worry about her. I also have learned how to share my things and space with someone else. I do believe this will help me in marriage. It's hard to share when you haven't had to in a long time. :)


She fell on Sunday and was taken to the hospital. She has been there for 4 days and today is transferring to the nursing home. She will be there for up to 100 days for therapy. You see, I've been feeling that "change" coming. I've prayed about it. Is it a new job? Is it another country?! What is it? I knew that if any of these things happened then the Lord would have to take care of Ann. I never wanted to reach the point where I had to decide to stop living with her. I felt, although that's not how I wanted it to happen, that  when she fell that was my answer. Although, she's doing well and could very well fully recover and come home. I know she wants to. But with our situation she HAS to be independent. Because I HAVE to work and be gone.

Will you join me in praying for God's guidance in this situation? Pray that He will make it an obvious answer. And it not be MY choice! Her mind is so clear and I JUST convinced her of my love for her. I know that if I have to decide to no longer care for her then that will all come undone. I want her last days of life to be filled with love and knowing that people love her. Although, we are not forced to by being "family". Thank you so much for praying, I know you will! :) And I will keep you updated!




2 comments:

  1. We will definitely pray for you, that the perfect will of God be a reality in your life.

    In the other hand, thank you for sharing such deep thoughts with us, I think we can learn through your experiences just like you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you and Ms. Ann.

    You are an astounding woman, Merany! I LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! :) Thanks!