Friday, September 14, 2012

The things on my heart.



This time of my life is very exciting... I am getting married in 36 days!!!!! Oh man. :) This time is filled with invitations, showers, decorations, picking music, etc. It's exciting!!! It is also a little bit stressful. But mostly exciting.

But in this time of my life, I am also struggling a bit. I'm struggling with knowing what the Lord wants me to be doing. I loved El Salvador and I loved working with the orphans! I honestly thought that that is where I would be this time last year.  But the Lord had other plans. I am so excited to be getting married and eventually starting a family. But right now I don't feel like I'm doing all that I can so therefore I am not feeling fulfilled.

Does that make sense?

Don't get me wrong... I'm happy. I'm 110% sure that I am supposed to marry Clint and that I'm supposed to be here. I don't doubt that one bit. But it is so easy to focus on me me me and forget that there is SO much more that the Lord wants from me.

I'm currently working in a school again. I love working with the kids. I am enjoying getting to know the teachers. But I don't feel like I'll be doing this for a long time.

Just recently, as I was struggling with these feelings, through Sunday School, church, and a new Bible Study, the Lord reminded me that He will work on me until He calls me HOME. He is never finished with me. He has not forgotten about me.

That gave me such peace. Even in this time of waiting for Him, getting married, moving, starting new jobs, He is working within me! He has a plan for my life!! He will not give up on me.

But there I am again, wondering.... what should I be doing?? This morning as I was reading through some blogs... Lorraine at All Are Precious In His Sight, wrote about hoarding. When I first read the title I thought she meant STUFF. Ya know, like the TV show.

But she talked about hoarding our time, talents, money, and stuff. Time that we could be spending with others. Time that we could be volunteering, ministering to, and loving on other people. Talents that we could be using to glorify the Lord. Money that we could use on someone other than OURSELVES. That is a tough one. :) And stuff that we do NOT need but could bless someone else with that is in need.

This really "woke me up". It showed me that I do NOT have to be overseas to serve. I don't have to be doing certain things to do for others and to love my neighbor as myself.


Lately the Lord has also been reminding me of so many babies on the Reece's Rainbow website. He has been bringing to light the horrible conditions that some of these children are living in. Some of these children are anywhere from 8 to 14 years old and weighing less than 20 pounds. These children are lying in cribs all day, in the own urine, eating as little as possible, and not getting any interaction. All because they have "special needs". They are deemed unworthy of love, attention, stimulation, and even food and water sometimes.
The world is failing these children that God created to be in His image. That He fearfully and wonderfully made. That He loves with an unconditional love.

We are failing these children. The sins of this world are causing innocent children to suffer and even to die without even the love of another human being. How can this be?!

Here are just a few of these children....

This is Brandi. She is 6 years old and probably weighs 15 pounds. She is TINY. She has cerebral palsy and her little joints and bones are so contracted she can hardly move them. She is almost always lying on her back. Never picked up or moved. 




This is Harvey.(above picture)
Sweet Harvey has many medical needs.  He is just three years old and is currently fed by feeding tube. I'm told that the excess hair on his body could be due to severe malnutrition and a total lack of human contact.  He does not have it in his earlier referral pictures. How terribly sad!
  
This is Thad. As a result of profound physical abuse, Thad suffered a brain trauma and is significantly delayed and very small for his age.  His limbs are very contracted, his legs bent up toward his chest. This sweet boy was born a normal typical child and because of abuse he is now deemed unworthy to love and thrive!!!

No matter what is "wrong" with these children, they deserve the love of a family! They are not unworthy. They are created by God. They are loved by God but have been forsaken and neglected by man. It is our job as the Church to raise up and fight for these children. The sad thing is, is that there are no telling how many more of these children are hidden away from where we can see and get to them. These children are available for adoption and would thrive with just love. 

Kramer is also a little guy.  Weighing just 25 pounds at 8, he is so very malnourished.  He has spent his entire life in the orphanage--and it shows!  He is so delayed and desperately needs physical therapy for his stiff joints. And good food to help him grow and become ALL whom God has created him to be! 
 
Theodore is ten years old and has always lived in an orphanage. Theodore has CP that only affects his lower body.  Institutionalism is his greatest obstacle in life. He is very malnourished and is lagging behind in all areas of his life. This young boy has a whole lot of personality in there just waiting to come out and make its presence known. He is so handsome.

This is Penny. She is 11 years old and is also very small for her age.  I would say she is around the size of a 3 year old.  Penny's file was returned to Bulgaria because no one chose her as their daughter. She ran out of time.  In order to be adopted now (and it IS possible), her file will have to be requested once again.


Adeye Salem just spent time with these paticular children within the last couple of weeks. She saw with her own eyes the desperation, the vacancy of their eyes, the lack of nutrition these children are dealing with. Go read her blog here for more info.

Anyone wanting information on any of these children can contact Shelley at shele337@gmail.comSerious inquiries only please!  Additional photos and videos of all these children are available.

You can also visit Reece's Rainbow and see hundreds of other children waiting to be loved and to be a part of a family. Does your family need another blessing? :) And as always, PRAY for these children. Seeing this makes me wish for the Lord's return. That is truly the only real solution but until He decides to come... make it a point to not be a hoarder of your time, talents, LOVE, and money. Spend time in prayer for these children, donate to their adoption funds (also on Reece's Rainbow), Love others, adopt, do whatever you feel the Lord asking you to do but I promise you He is asking  you to do SOMETHING. He commands us to love and care for orphans. It is OUR problem. Not someone else's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! :) Thanks!