Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.

Um... can I just say this whole last year has made a HUGE impact on my life?!?! Within the last year I have realized the plight of orphans, accepted God's call to missions, moved in with a 92 year old lady, went and saw the plight of orphans first hand, realized that God was calling me to help the orphan, went a second time and saw these orphans, knew that God was calling me to help sooner than I had thought, prayed for God to release things from holding me here if I were to go, watched God take care of my 92 year old roommate, moved out of my apartment, wrecked my car, and finally saw God take care of every last excuse that I had to stay here. Each one of these things has been orchestrated by God to get me ready for missions. Each one of these things has impacted my life tremendously.  

These Reece's Rainbow babies were my first view of the orphans' life.

They showed me how orphans are in desperate need of a loving family.
Sweet Ann. She taught me a lot.

God showed me that although He had given me James 1:27 to know that we are called to care for orphans, that we are also called to care for the widow.     

Seeing these orphans in person made the biggest difference in my life.
Falling in love with these kids showed me that God wanted me to specifically work with orphans.
And after praying for God to take care of my car payment, I did this. He took care of it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Merany, I am so moved at how God is working in your life, God bless you sweet girl, I cant wait to see where HE takes you and how HE uses you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! :) Thanks!