Thursday, May 6, 2010

Discipline!! :)

Hebrews 12:11No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.


I saw this scripture on a fellow blogger's post. It hit me kinda hard. She was referring to mom's and their children. But, I felt God saying that to me, from Him. Discipline is NOT enjoyable. It just plain stinks. You feel belittled and ashamed while being disciplined. BUT the good news is there WILL be a PEACEFUL harvest of right living! She also tagged Galatians 6:9 in there, too. Do not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest if you DO NOT give up. That goes along with it. It is important to not give up.

I sent this to my sister and her reply was: "Isn't that the exact opposite of sin?!" And yes, it is. Sin is fun. Sin IS enjoyable... but will reap a harvest of DEATH. Discipline is not fun. Discipline is NOT enjoyable...but will reap a harvest of RIGHTEOUS LIVING. Man, I needed that Word.


So, when finding yourself being disciplined....be HAPPY because this is gonna produce some righteous living!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! :) Thanks!