Monday, October 25, 2010

Fransisco...

Last week, Robin (Starfish and El Salvador friend) told me that Fransisco was moved from Cisna to another orphanage. We're not really sure why he was moved to a different orphanage. He was happy at Cisna. And that was his home. Robin said she feared that he would run away. Well, on Thursday she got the dreaded email that her fears had become reality. Fransisco had run away from his new orphanage. Fransisco is such a sweet sweet boy. He doesn't seem the type that would be able to stand up for himself on the streets. He is only 14.

My heart has hurt constantly since learning of this news. At dark, I can't help but wonder if he's scared. If he's cold. If he's hungry. If people are leaving him alone. If people are helping him or hurting him. There are so many dangers on the streets of El Salvador. I've seen it when feeding the homeless. And I can't imagine little Fransisco being one of the faces of the homeless.
And Fransisco is the one who took ALL of the pictures on my camera the day we were at Cisna and even when we were at Cipi and he was there for the celebration.
I've prayed constantly for him. We all have been. We pray that he's trying to get back to Cisna or to the family that he has. They didn't want him but maybe they will take him back in or at the least send him back to Cisna.

He looks so happy here! I just can't imagine how his life has changed so drastically in the last few days. 

The person who runs Cisna has said that if Fransisco shows up there then they will let him in. We're not sure if he'd be able to stay there but atleast they would let him in until they figure something out. Jon (who is another missionary in ES) is staying in contact with Cisna and will be going there tomorrow hoping to find something out about him. There are just so many things that could happen to him but I am praying, along with LOTS of others, that God will place angels ALL around him and protect him. I pray that he can feel the peace of God during this time and know that he is not alone! I pray that God places people in his path that will HELP him and not harm him. That he will ask how to get back to Cisna or to his family.


That someone somewhere will give him something to eat. He's been gone for 5 days now and I can't imagine how hungry he is. Please please please join me in praying for Fransisco! I know that God knows right where he is but it is killing us to not know ourselves! Faith. We have faith that God is protecting him. Please comment and let me know that you are praying for him! And I will be sure to post when we hear that he's found and safe!

5 comments:

  1. Praying that Fransisco is safe and healthy. I also am praying that you will hear good news from him soon; so you will be able to rest. You are such a precious person and have such a big heart. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for Fransisco! God will somehow work all this out for good and for His glory! We just have to trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father I ask that you place a wall of fire and hedge of divine protection around Fransisco this very minute. I thank you God for your peace. Your word says you will never leave us or forsake us and I thank you for that. Lord we ask that angels guide him and lead him back to the orphanage. I pray that you take care of where he is to stay Lord if it be Cisna or somewhere else we thank you for working it out. I know you will provide and I love you for that. Give him the peace and love that he so desperately needs. In Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayin for each and every one of those precious children...... You do such a wonderful job...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! :) Thanks!